Sunday, March 29, 2009

THE WALL IN TWILIGHT


The obstacles were always there,
Sometimes they made me slow,
Sometimes gave a blow,
But never did I think, to change my way.

Now to my face stands a wall,
Wish I could see, but its way too tall.
But heyy!! Over there, I see two doors,
One’s in the way, and the other’s off road.
The way up there, the door weighing a tonne,
Has what I always wanted,
What I spent my life on.
It tempts me still, but the journey gives a low.
The other door, though its easier to go,
It would be hell throughout,
NO friends NO foes.

The stars up there, are calling upon,
Shouting,
They make me feel a moron.
Go for your dream, you’ll get what u want.
Am walking still, on the way I was,
I’ll listen to them, they say my heart.

Yes I was, screwed up by each circumstance,
The OBSTACLE was deep, it left no chance.
But am geared up now, with every penny n dime,
To scale the WALL,
To screw the circumstances this time.

9 comments:

  1. bhai tu chhod company,mba...full time writer,poet ban jaa....
    engg student me itni creativity....m surprisingly impressed

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcum to Blogger world...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! anshul ... a debut attempt... awesome it was ... u know , i think u and me are on the same track now... i found the sentiments quite similar to one of my latest poems...i.e, enough life , u played ur part , now its my turn....

    ReplyDelete
  4. very gud attempt dear.....abhi toh shuruvat hai teri agge agge....... tu bot agge jayega ki log kahenge......;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well thnx guys... i din expected dis much appreciation for it :)
    nd @vicky...yaar ab tune kaha hai to i'll definatly thnk about being a poet :d

    will come wid my next piece soon...keep d comments coming..it helps me speed up :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. gr88 poem Anshul...and its really hard to believe that it comes from a beginner.. but must say..an amazing piece of work!! superb use of words and the way u hv made them rhyme..its so natural...!! i read it earlier but cudnt drop a comment then.. simply fantabulous work man!! and ya.. do consider the advice given in the first comment..lol..

    keep going.. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. anshul.....i still dnt believe....i meant..u n poet...bt good efforts...doing good job... i ve no words...bt u write awesome..hats off to u...keep it up..... god bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thnx again to both of u...i myself never believed i cud write smthing (or say anythng) nd get such comments for it too :)

    @ankita..ya am gonna consider it now...kuch publish hoga to at least i know i'll sell these much copies of it :D

    @neetu dear u have to believe dis...i agree i talk rubbish most of d time...bt den at times kuch aisa aisa bhi aajata hai :-) ..thanx a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  9. hii.. really g8..good effort to giv impressive words to ur thoughts ..wel try to publish some n increase ur cretivity..keep improving..good luck

    ReplyDelete