Friday, May 22, 2015

The Desolate Dawn


Drenched in my thoughts,
this day I am lost again,
Has it been too long? 
Is it time to rub off the stain?
Listening to the river flow, and the sky changing colors slow,
I feel like the moon, lone, by itself, passing from high to low.

The stars seem to be calling, even the clouds as they move on,
I wonder if they'll still be here,
If they'll stay, until dawn.
So are friends, lost in the dark that came with night,
Left me to thinking why am I awake? 
Why do I seek, a sign of light?

The fire died long back and I feel abused by the cold,
I am happy, I am sad, 
A mix of emotions, so I'm told.
No you'll never comprehend, coz you can never walk in my shoe,
Not a mile, not a step, and neither do I expect you to.

Today, it's my time off the world, here no one would judge me,
And am gonna be staying here, all the time that I could be.
Its not much what I ask, but guess life makes you its slave,
And am not giving in, my journey, my own path to pave.

It's a voice in my head, says it gonna be alright,
Says enough you've bled, 
from now on its all shining, and all bright!



(Wrote this piece on a recent trip to Rishikesh, when everyone else had gone to sleep and I was sitting alone by the Bonfire.
You have to be at that place to understand the heady mix booze and that backdrop can have on you!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment